Why Get Professional Evaporator Coil Cleaning
Homeowners should schedule professional evaporator coil cleaning services to keep their air conditioners running correctly. These maintenance services performed by an HVAC contractor can provide many benefits, including improved energy efficiency, enhanced cooling performance, better temperature control, and improved air quality.
Professionals can advise homeowners on what signs to watch for that indicate an evaporator coil needs to be cleaned, including a loss of cooling, a buildup of frost, or a loss of cooling capabilities.
Loss of Cooling Function
One of the first symptoms a property owner might notice that can signal the evaporator coil needs to be cleaned is if the air conditioner fails to cool the home. A dirty coil can prevent the AC system from properly cooling a home due to:
- Frost or buildup on the coil, can hinder the heat exchange process
- Refrigerant leaks, can compromise the cooling capacity
- Coil corrosion or damage that can prevent the heat transfer process from working correctly
- Clogged coils due to dust, dirt, or debris can insulate the coil and prevent the heat transfer from occurring correctly
If frost builds up on an evaporator coil, it requires professional cleaning services. Frost can develop due to problems with airflow – typically caused by a clogged air filter or a blocked vent. When the ice develops, it prevents the coil from absorbing heat from the air, causing a drop in cooling performance.
If a frozen evaporator coil occurs, homeowners might notice the house feels warmer than it should be, and it will not cool to the temperature on the thermostat.
The AC Runs Longer
Another sign homeowners can watch for that indicates a dirty evaporator coil is if the air conditioner runs longer than it needs to. Longer cycles can happen because the AC system can’t properly cool the house to the setting on the thermostat.
A dirty AC coil can cause an air conditioner to run continuously due to:
- A reduced cooling efficiency due to frost buildup or dirt accumulation prevents it from correctly absorbing heat from the air
- An inadequate heat exchange process, causes the AC system to overwork
- A temperature imbalance if the house is not cooled evenly
- Uneven cooling can prevent the thermostat from displaying an accurate reading
- A malfunctioning sensor that prevents the air conditioner from turning off
Homeowners should schedule professional services with a trusted HVAC company if they notice these issues. AC contractors can inspect the air conditioner and AC evaporator coils and perform cleaning services.
About Air Care Heating and Cooling
Since 2007, Air Care Heating and Cooling has provided quality heating and cooling services to the Charlotte area. They provide fast, quality services, and offer 24/7 emergency appointments. Call them today for HVAC services in Mint Hill, SC.